Where we process your data Cap Classique UK is the Data Controller while you are the Data Subject. As the Data Controller we rely on the following legal bases to process your data:
- Performance of a contract: the use of your data is necessary to perform the agreement you have with us.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your data for our legitimate interests. For example to improve the products and service we offer, to update and adapt our website and to use your data for fraud protection or legal purposes.
Data we process
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We have collated these into groups as follows:
- Your identity includes information such as first name, last name, title, date of birth, and other identifiers that you may have provided at some time.
- Your contact information includes information such as billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers and any other information you have given to us for the purpose of communication or meeting.
- Your financial data includes information such as your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction data includes details about payments or communications to and from you and information about products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical data includes your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Your profile includes information such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us; communication preferences; responses and actions in relation to your use of our services.
We may aggregate anonymous data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous data is data that does not identify you as an individual. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal information in law because it does not reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can identify you in any way, we treat the combined data as personal information and it will be used in accordance with this privacy notice. We do not collect any special personal information about you.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform that contract. In that case, we may have to stop providing a service to you. If so, we will notify you of this at the time.
Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information. You don't have to share any of this data with us but if you don't, you may not be able to use our website or buy wine from us and you may not receive our best possible service.
Your Name and Contact Details, we use this data to:
- Deliver your order.
- Send you messages, by email or SMS about your order.
- Send you information by email, SMS or post about our products, offers, services and promotions. You can withdraw or amend permission at any time by visiting your account on our website, clicking the unsubscribe link or by emailing us. You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
- Prevent and detect fraud. We do this to protect both you and Cap Classique
Your Date of Birth, we use this data to:
- Verify you are over 18. We cannot sell you alcohol if you are under 18.
Your Payment Information, we use this data to:
- Take payments and give refunds. We need to use this data to perform our contract with you.
- Prevent and detect fraud. We do this to protect both you and Cap Classique.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
Access to your personal information
At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website. To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you should contact us to make that request. After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
Keeping your data
We will not keep your data for longer than we need it. We do need to keep your data in the following circumstances:
- While your account with us remains open, or
- As long as it is needed to provide services to you such as returns or refunds, or
- Where it may be required to meet legal obligations, resolve disputes and to detect and prevent fraud.
Sharing your data
We will not sell any of your data to any other party.
We may share your personal data with other organisations or companies. We will only share this data so that we can perform our contract with you or to optimise, improve or personalise the products and services we offer.
The types of organisation or companies we share your data with are:
- Companies that package and deliver your wine to you.
- Companies that enable us to complete your order such as credit card companies, banks and payment providers.
- Where the law requires us to do so;
- Company partners that host our website or help us with our marketing.
Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you should contact us to make your request. This may limit the service we can provide to you